POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Glasqow School of Art : Re: Glasqow School of Art Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glasqow School of Art
From: Doctor John
Date: 24 May 2014 12:11:18
Message: <5380c4a6$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/05/14 01:23, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Yes, I heard about the news this morning myself.  Really sad news to hear
> - we went and visited the last time we were in the UK (about 10 years ago
> now, I guess).
>
> It sounds like the Scottish government has said they'll fund the
> restoration, but I hope it won't be too long before they can get some
> back.  I really feel for the students who lost work (I guess final
> projects were due *today* of all days) and their portfolios.  That's a
> massive blow to their education and careers.

It appears that 70% of the art has been saved and 90% of the building is
undamaged. Unfortunately, the library (image link below)
http://www.boumbang.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Charles-Rennie-Mackintosh-Glasgow-School-of-Art-Library-1909.jpg
has been completely destroyed.

The good news is that, because it is an art school, it's probably better
documented, drawn and photographed than many other iconic buildings.
Reconstruction won't be easy or quick, but it can be done.

I, too, feel for those who have lost their work

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents