POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Glasqow School of Art : Re: Glasqow School of Art Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glasqow School of Art
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 May 2014 20:23:43
Message: <537fe68f$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 May 2014 18:01:15 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Bad news.
> The building designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh was badly damaged by
> fire today.
> IMHO the building was possibly one of the greatest Art Nouveau designs
> in the world. Let us hope that it can be restored to its former glory.

Yes, I heard about the news this morning myself.  Really sad news to hear
- we went and visited the last time we were in the UK (about 10 years ago
now, I guess).

It sounds like the Scottish government has said they'll fund the
restoration, but I hope it won't be too long before they can get some
back.  I really feel for the students who lost work (I guess final
projects were due *today* of all days) and their portfolios.  That's a
massive blow to their education and careers.

Jim