POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclideon Geoverse : Re: Euclideon Geoverse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Euclideon Geoverse
From: Stephen
Date: 18 May 2014 09:11:03
Message: <5378b167$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/05/2014 13:55, Doctor John wrote:
> On 17/05/14 22:57, Stephen wrote:
>>> Shakespeare? Henry V?
>>
>> Easy.
>>

> Could have been Henry IV Part 2

It was part II IMSMW. But since you are a stalwart of the game. I gave
you the benefit of the doubt.

>> Lier you learned it at your mother's knee.
>>
>> We never got the miller's tale.
>>

> I wonder why. :-D
> Would it be that the fair youths of Glasgow were too innocent to
> understand the story?

That must be the reason. Our Twelfth Night had no mention of the buttery
bar, either.

>> (Interesting-ish fact: I met this guy in Nigeria, from the Kingdom
>> (Fife), who could recite great chunks of Chaucer in a broad Scots.
>> Strangely enough it was more intelligible than out English teacher's.
>>

> My English teacher also used a Scottish lilt to read the verses. As you
> say, it made the words more intelligible.

I think a Yorkshire accent would work as well. In some parts they still
"thee and thou".

>>>    That's a logical NOT, <sotto voce> idiot
>>>

>> 'Snot. Ba'bag :-P
>>

> If I'd meant factorial, I would have written 'fool!'. ya wally eejit ;-)

Bugger! Put this date in your diary. I was wrong about something. :-D

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.