POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclideon Geoverse : Re: Euclideon Geoverse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Euclideon Geoverse
From: Doctor John
Date: 18 May 2014 08:56:09
Message: <5378ade9$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/05/14 22:57, Stephen wrote:
>> Shakespeare? Henry V?
>
> Easy.

Could have been Henry IV Part 2

> Lier you learned it at your mother's knee.
>
> We never got the miller's tale.

I wonder why. :-D
Would it be that the fair youths of Glasgow were too innocent to
understand the story?

> (Interesting-ish fact: I met this guy in Nigeria, from the Kingdom
> (Fife), who could recite great chunks of Chaucer in a broad Scots.
> Strangely enough it was more intelligible than out English teacher's.

My English teacher also used a Scottish lilt to read the verses. As you
say, it made the words more intelligible.

>>> A factorial fool? ^_^
>>>
>>   That's a logical NOT, <sotto voce> idiot
>>

> 'Snot. Ba'bag :-P

If I'd meant factorial, I would have written 'fool!'. ya wally eejit ;-)

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents