POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deus Ex: Human Revolution : Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 May 2014 23:14:05
Message: <5376d3fd@news.povray.org>
On 5/16/2014 3:31 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> You must be playing it wrong, because it never took me that long.  What
>>> difficulty level are you playing at?
>>
>> I thought as much.
>>
>> I've got it on Normal difficulty.
>
> IIRC, that's the difficulty I played at as well.
>
>> Now to figure out what I'm actually doing wrong...
>
> It might be a difference with the PC controls, I found the controls on
> the PS3 to be pretty intuitive.
>
> Jim

I've played it on PC. So, no, its no the controls, for the most part (in
fact, I probably would have done even worse with one.. lol) but, they
did make a few changes to things from the prior game to this one, and..
gah, I hate having to relearn which things on the keyboard do what (not
that they would *ever* do such a thing with a game controller...)

Best suggestion, for someone really having that much trouble on it.. try
watching one of those walkthrough videos, or something that are out
there, to get a sense of just what it takes to do things, and how. Its
been a long time since I played it, so I don't remember all the details,
but.. a lot of it came down to, "Don't get spotted in the bloody first
place.", if I remember right.

And, yeah, some cameras, you can't avoid too easily, others.. you just
need to keep an eye on where they are pointed, and avoid getting in
front of them. They *all* have a blind spot right smack under the
camera, if I remember, so the trick is usually to slip right up under
the camera, when its looking the other way, then wait until you know its
pointed away from where you are going, and you have time to move, then
get your ass there and out of its view, before it shifts back to look
that way. This isn't always easy, but it is possible. Ducts are, of
course, your friend, and, in some cases, you get more options, like
being able to move a soda machine, to get at one, if you added enough
strength mods, with the right upgrades.

Its definitely not impossible. Maybe you just suck? ;) lol

Note: unlike the prior one, I failed, badly, at the, "don't kill anyone
you don't really need to.", option. This one was definitely a bit harder
to avoid those sorts of, "Oh hell, lets just shoot this bastard!",
moments in. :p

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get