POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving : Re: Revolving Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revolving
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 10 May 2014 06:59:44
Message: <536e06a0$1@news.povray.org>
Le 10/05/2014 11:52, Stephen nous fit lire :
>> Have you seen how people drive? Do you REALLY want that in 3D?;)
>
> I certainly don't. Too many idiots on the roads if they took to the
> skies I would take to my bed. Even then you never know who might drop in
> for tea. ;-)
>
> I have been reading a lot of ancient SF recently. The thing that almost
> everyone got wrong is mobile phones. It is jarring when the hero has to
> stop by a drug store just to phone someone.

Have a look at the Shadowrun RPG (as book for ambiance)... targeted
advertisement as you pass by every shop is coming to your mobile phone.
And it is going to be as hostile as it sound. Next, augmented reality to
hit your glass and audio device... still for aggressive advertisements.

Along the revision/Edition, the matrix changed a bit (connection was
more difficult in first edition, wifi is everywhere in latests).

On another hand, triple-A security blocks are emerging too. Some started
with "elderly-only" town (forbidden to less than ~60 years old alone),
but private blocks are not so far.

Arcology are not yet, unless you look at Millenium tower (tokyo,
project), or Dubai... yep, they are coming. Not sure it will not split
population too.