POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving : Re: Revolving Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revolving
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 3 May 2014 06:49:57
Message: <5364c9d5$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/05/2014 11:31 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 03/05/2014 11:09 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> In our modern society, making things that last is so 19th century!
>>
>> This makes me sad.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27253103

So many people seem to think that when you buy something, getting the
lowest possible price is the *only* thing that matters. Which is
frustrating, because I'd actually prefer to pay more money for a quality
product. But since that's currently unfashionable, nobody makes those
anymore. (Or if they do, because so few people buy them, they're
*severely* expensive. Manufacturing costs have to be split between a
fewer number of buyers, and all that.) It's not even like buying a more
expensive model even guarantees better quality anymore; anybody can take
an inferior item and just slap a bigger price tag on it...