POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving : Re: Revolving Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revolving
From: scott
Date: 1 May 2014 03:24:34
Message: <5361f6b2$1@news.povray.org>
> I've never heard of plastic piping for radiators. O_O

Nor had I until I moved into a house built in this century! The pipes
are on 90 degree exit from the bottom corners of the radiator and bend
back behind in to the centre and through a hole in the wall, it's all
very neat with virtually no pipes visible (and no annoying pipes going
down through the floor).

> The flexibility of plastic piping is great. I had to do some pipework
> when I worked offshore. 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" stainless steel. You had to
> be very accurate with your measurements. It looks better, though.

You can get chrome plated plastic covers to go over copper pipes, to
match fancy bathroom radiators and that sort of thing :-) But I guess
you were using stainless due to its corrosion resistance rather than its
looks. The stuff we make here is mostly stainless too for the same
reason, but we are gradually changing over to PEEK, I wonder if you can
get PEEK pipes <quick google> yes of course you can, first hit is for
off-shore applications!