POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving : Re: Revolving Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revolving
From: Tim Cook
Date: 30 Apr 2014 06:30:15
Message: <5360d0b7@news.povray.org>
On 2014-04-24 14:32, Francois Labreque wrote:
> Andy has also assured me that iPads, Kindles, Nooks, and the various
> android-based thingamajigs weren't tablets at all, because tablets were
> 2 inch thick laptops that weigh 20lbs and on which you write with a
> Palm-Pilot stylus.

Hear, hear!  Well, augmenting the specifications a little, but I concur
that these newfangled touch-only widgets aren't REAL tablets...my
current dream machine is the Fujitsu Stylistic Q584.  2560x1600 screen,
10.1"x7.12"x0.39" with proper Wacom pen input, weighs 1.4 lbs.

...oh, and it has loads of other bells and whistles, if you're into
those things.  But dat display...over four times the resolution of my
Fujitsu Lifebook (which, at six years old, is rather closer to your
referred attributes, ahem), in a smaller area.  And it's less than a
thousand dollars!

Mind, the Q584's specs are rather unusual and extravagant; most
pen-input tablets are still poking around the 1280x800 neighbourhood.

Also, re. OP:  It's the future.  I was promised flying cars!  But I
don't see any.  Why?  WHY?

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com