POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving : Re: Revolving Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revolving
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Apr 2014 22:24:50
Message: <5359c772$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 21:51:02 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>> Is that not just fibre to the house? The obvious next step after fibre
>> to the cabinet. My village is looking forward to FTTC in a few months
>> and Peterborough is just up the road!
>
> Fibre to the house is a simple concept. Why didn't they do this before?
> Oh, yes, that's right - because fibre is so astronomically expensive
> that nobody can afford it...

Andy, if I break my desk from hitting my head against it so much when you
say silly things like this, I'm going to send you the repair bill.

And it will be "astronomically expensive". ;)

(Fibre was "astronomically expensive" when it was difficult to
manufacture.  Advances in manufacturing technology make it a lot more
affordable now than it was even 10 years ago)

Jim