POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving : Re: Revolving Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revolving
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Apr 2014 18:53:40
Message: <5356f2f4$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:16:33 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>  From what I've seen, the limitation is that all projectors work at
> 800x600, or if you buy an expensive one, 1024x768. Christ only knows why
> they don't make them in any higher resolutions...

Um, I've got one that does full 1080p.  It's nearly 10 years old (I'd
have to check when we actually bought it, but it's at least 8 years old).

I honestly don't know where you get the crazy idea that higher
resolutions aren't available.  I mean, if you're projecting on a 8-10
foot 16:9 diagonal area, 1024x768 is going to look like shit.  800x600
even more so.

1920x1080, though, looks pretty nice on the ~12' diagonal space we've got
in our living room.  When I can get the room dark enough (we need
blackout blinds in there, but have mesh ones that direct sunlight just
dances through, more or less).

But another case of "maybe Andy should google before making blanket
statements about how 'all' of something is absolutely limited to 'x'." ;)

Jim