POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving : Re: Revolving Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revolving
From: scott
Date: 22 Apr 2014 04:30:48
Message: <535628b8$1@news.povray.org>
> The party is over, my friends.

I would imagine a lot of people said the same in 1850 about the
Industrial Revolution. And look what's changed since then (in terms of
manufacturing).

Sure, desktop CPU clock frequency is not as important as it used to be,
but there are plenty of other metrics. Two off the top of my head are
battery energy density and internet connection speed, both show no sign
of having reached the limit, and both will give real benefits to a large
number of people.

Bring on 8000x4000x120p streaming video, projected from my phone :-)