POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I bought a new laptop : Re: I bought a new laptop Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I bought a new laptop
From: scott
Date: 10 Apr 2014 03:47:04
Message: <53464c78$1@news.povray.org>
> mouse?  why would anyone want to go back using a mouse when they can directly
> touch anywhere in the screen?
>
> that's why wireless screen mirroring is the sweet goal:  you still have your
> device in your hand to act as a touchscreen remote controller.

I think that would feel really weird using the touch screen without
looking at it, how would you know where to tap? But I've never tried it.
Or do you mean just using it like a trackpad on an old laptop? I hate
those too, give me a mouse please!

> what's wrong with that UI?  isn't it so fine that Windows is emulating it? ;)

The problem is not so much the UI itself, but that the graphics are
designed for a 4" display, if you replicate it pixel-for-pixel onto a
24"+ screen then everything is just too big. I wonder if there is a way
to tell Android dynamically that you are using a different ppi screen
now and to adjust itself, I've always just put up with a 30cm wide icon
to launch YouTube when I've connected mine up :-)