POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I bought a new laptop : Re: I bought a new laptop Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I bought a new laptop
From: scott
Date: 9 Apr 2014 08:27:09
Message: <53453c9d$1@news.povray.org>
> my smartphone already has a display!  I just want to get home and easily connect
> it to a larger display and keyboard.
>
> Easy but not not cheap with bluetooth keyboards, cheap but clunky with miniUSB.
> Kind clunky connecting to the TV because there's many ways:  you can try to find
> some hdmi cable to your device, or try to mirror some other way, and most ways
> do nothing but just stream media.  not cool

I was under the impression that most android phones will work as USB
host, and also output HDMI on the same connector. Once you'd wired up a
USB hub, power, keyboard, mouse and HDMI connection can't you just leave
it all behind your TV, then when you come home just plug the single
connector into your phone?

Wouldn't the bigger problem be that the whole UI and most apps are
designed for a 400ppi display with multi-touch? I would have thought
using a mouse and large TV would be very frustrating on such a device.