POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I bought a new laptop : Re: I bought a new laptop Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I bought a new laptop
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Apr 2014 14:06:48
Message: <5342e938$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/04/2014 2:12 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> 13.1 is a long term support release, so it won't need to be updated after
> the end of the regular 18-month support cycle (other than being pointed
> at the "Evergreen" repositories that make it an LTS release).

Run that by me again. In English. :-P

>> >Don't bother.
> That bad, huh?

No, but if you have the option...

I don't want my PC/Laptop to pretend it is an android device.

>> >Enough moaning. I don't want to be an old fuddy duddy. Even though I am.
> I know the feeling.  Not quite as fuddy or duddy, (you can have the crown
> for fuddiness and for duddiness for now).

I don't mind which castle I'm king of. :-)
Actually, I play on the fact that I am old. That and the stereotypical
Jock (means Scot for those other Americans) is a born enjineer. ;-)
Hoots mon! Ye daena ken whit is wis like when 9600 baud wis state o' the
art. ;-)

> I'm starting a new contract
> that runs through July 1 tomorrow,

Congrats.

> and the client is sending me a laptop
> - could be Windows, could be a Mac.  I can work with either (the company
> uses Macs almost exclusively), but I definitely prefer running Linux on
> my systems.

The last time I used or repaired a Mac was 20 years ago.
A bit longer for Unix.

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.