POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: scott
Date: 26 Mar 2014 12:56:26
Message: <533306ba$1@news.povray.org>
> On my slowest machine:
> --- www.google.com ping statistics ---
> 7 packets transmitted, 7 received, 0% packet loss, time 6010ms
> rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 6.985/7.721/8.708/0.578 ms

It doesn't seem to make any difference which machine it's on, or whether
it's wifi or wired, the first hop on tracert to the modem is always 1 or
2 ms, then the 2nd hop (presumably to a BT server) is up to 30+ ms, so
that is where the bottleneck is. When it "goes slow" just before or
after dropping out it's always the first hop after my modem that shows
the huge delay.

> My real person was prepared to do so if he hadn't found the corroded
> terminals.

I'll leave it logging for a week or two so I have some significant data
to show, so far though the phone support has been fine. Each time they
answered within a couple of minutes and called back exactly when they
said they would after doing tests.

> Maybe a quick note to Warren Buckley's office is called for

I'll keep that as a last resort!