POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: Doctor John
Date: 26 Mar 2014 08:06:41
Message: <5332c2d1$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/03/14 11:27, scott wrote:
> Well on my modem "normal" behaviour is a ping of about 35 ms to google
> and 5 packets received out of 5 sent. Above 100 ms or less than 5
> received is not normal.

On my slowest machine:
--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
7 packets transmitted, 7 received, 0% packet loss, time 6010ms

> I suppose ideally he would leave his DSL analyser box thingy connected
> to the line for a few days until it drops, but BT probably don't do that
> for a mere residential customer.

My real person was prepared to do so if he hadn't found the corroded
terminals. Maybe a quick note to Warren Buckley's office is called for

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents