POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where did THAT come from...? : Re: Where did THAT come from...? Server Time
14 May 2024 17:38:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where did THAT come from...?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Mar 2014 20:02:37
Message: <5332191d$1@news.povray.org>
> You may have a box, or any object, that don't have any pigment. To check
> for that case, near the begining of your scene, add:

Indeed, that was what I was thinking.  However, it seems to be yet
another unexpected behaviour of my door macro.  When I comment out the
object {macro} statement, the box disappears.  When I run the macro,
which runs flawlessly in a short object development scene which calls
the macro from the include file, it works flawlessly, in all 4 rotations
(front view, left and right views, top view).
But of course, when I run it in my large scene, not only do I get this
mystery black box showing up, but one of my doors is ... _gone_.

I'm getting ready to just start rewriting everything in one large scene
file.

> #default{pigment{rgb<1,1,0>}finish{ambient 1}}
>
> If you now have a bright magenta box, you know that you have an object
> that don't have any pigment.

That's a good debugging technique.  I'll add that to my bag of tricks.
Thanks!

> It may be caused by overlaping transparent objects. Try adding:
>
> max_trace_level 200

No, it's not that.  It's a box that rotate 90 degrees and sticking back
from the edge of my doorway.

No isosurfaces.

> During debugging, make use of the +qn options to accelerate the
> rendering.

Yes, I've played with that before.  So, I just got to Render - Edit
Settings / Render in the Windoze menu, and just add +q[n] to the command
line options...