POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Follow the bouncing object : Re: Follow the bouncing object Server Time
14 May 2024 21:48:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Follow the bouncing object
From: Alain
Date: 22 Mar 2014 15:18:46
Message: <532de216@news.povray.org>

> I've got an object (a door) that I invoke as the result of a macro -
> Door (Room, Open)
> the door frame is labeled with the room number "Room", and the door is
> rotated/opened around the hinge by the degrees defined in the Open
> variable.

My steps in a similar case would be:

Make double sure that the Door() macro is totaly self contained. By
that, I mean that there are no unmatched brace and not unmatched
parantesis. Also make absolutely sure that an #end realy terminate the
macro definition. If you forget that one, you are still in the
definition phase of the macro when you invoke it. This may explain the
error you get. A missing #end can REALY mess you up with realy hard to
locate errors sources.

In your sub-scene, you need to have an union binding all parts.
Otherwise, your translate and rotate will miss some, or most, elements.

Alain