POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Key WIP : Re: Key WIP Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Key WIP
From: Alain
Date: 21 Mar 2014 15:04:26
Message: <532c8d3a@news.povray.org>

> "Apache" <apa### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> That focal blur thing has become a key now. Because the key is very
>> reflective, I'm gonna have to do something about the surroundings. The
>> lighting needs work to. Maybe I'm gonna use radiosity.
>> My final goal is to get something that's (almost) like a real photograph.
>>
>> --
>> Apache
>> POV-Ray Cloth experiments: http://geitenkaas.dns2go.com/experiments/
>> Email: apa### [at] yahoocom
>> ICQ: 146690431
>
> can i borrow your povray source code for the key demo

For the focal blur using all default values as a starter:

camera{location Your_Location point_at 0
aperture 0.1
blur_samples 7
confidance 0.9 //default
variance 1/128 //default
focal_point <0,0,0> //default
}

Alternative requiring the use of version 3.7:

camera{location Your_Location point_at 0
aperture 0.1
blur_samples 7 24
// Minimum number of samples and Maximum number of samples.
confidance 0.9 //default
variance 1/128 //default
focal_point <0,0,0> //default
bokeh{pigment{...}}
}

Start with the defaults.
aperture and blur_sanmples default to zero, turning the feature OFF.
Change aperture according to the mood of your scene. It's value is
dependent on the scale used for your scene. Keep it small for general
cases and very small for most outdoors scened. Use a larger value for
closeups and images of small objects. A large aperture often make your
scene look as if it was a miniature.

If the image is to grainy, increase blur_samples as needed. If you use
version 3.7, you can force POV-Ray to use a minimum number of samples by
using the two values syntax. Very usefull in some cases.
If needed, increase confidance or decreast variance. This will increase
the likelywhood that you'll use the maximum number of blus_samples, but
will also increase the rendering time.

Usualy, focal_point should be the same as your look_at point, but it's
not needed. I recommend that you set focal_point close to your look_at
if they are different.

The bokeh feature is usefull to simulate the actual shape of an
objective, but can be any pigment or an image_map (preferably monochrome).

Alain