POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: scott
Date: 17 Mar 2014 09:47:39
Message: <5326fcfb$1@news.povray.org>
> Try 'ping -i 60 www.google.com >> pingfile.txt'

In the end I set up a small script to output the date/time and then the
result of 5 pings, this then gets run every minute by cron. I then wrote
a small C# program on my windows box to grab the log from the pi and
process it into CSV format for general graphing and analysis in Excel.
It's only a few regex's but my Linux knowledge is limited so would have
spent hours trying to do it on the pi. Also my BT modem handily has a
USB socket on the back which I can power the pi from, so it's all pretty
neat.

As you can imagine though there were no errors at all since Friday
evening when I got it running. 1 ping was not received out of about 15k
sent, and the response times were all pretty normal. BT did indeed phone
back when they promised (I even got a text to remind me) but of course
their comment was that the line is stable. I did persuade them to carry
on their "test" for another 5 days, I hope it breaks during this time.