POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Mar 2014 17:48:05
Message: <53237915$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:25:11 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 14/03/14 17:39, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> It is amazing how readily a parent notices things like that - when Ken
>> was younger, I had a similar experience on more than one occasion.
>>

> I normally sleep like a log. In 1987 I slept right through the 'Great
> Storm' in spite of a tree falling right outside my bedroom and its
> branches smashing a ground floor window. I have also slept through an
> earthquake and a police drugs raid on a flat next to mine. But, anything
> unusual with regard to the Feegle or the Kat, I'm instantly alert. Must
> be something to do with the 'preservation of the species'.

It really must.  I normally sleep really well as well, but if Amy has any
kind of medical issue in the middle of the night, I tend to be quite
awake very quickly.  (We went through a period of time where she had all
the symptoms of an ulcer, but without an actual ulcer - the doctors were
stumped, but we toured most of the ERs in the Salt Lake valley).

>> But our youngest cat is a $5K cat with all his health problems
>> (possibly more than that, in fact).  Sucker lights visible from space,
>> as far as the fur lumps are concerned.
>>

> On that subject, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn. Price negotiable
> but I'll throw in 5 year's pet insurance if you agree to a minimum
> upfront payment of $5,000,000.

I should've clarified that our 'sucker' lights are only visible to
animals.  :)

And Eiyrt is on his way back to the vet again - nothing serious, just the
bandage slipped.  And Mushi is pissed off that his brothers are home
again (I guess they smell like the vet's, which isn't surprising since
they spent the night there).

>> I really enjoyed my time working in training as well - learned a lot
>> about learning, which really suited me.  Still looking for something
>> along those lines while I keep doing the tech writing thing.
>>

> Good luck with that.

Thanks - I got a lead on something earlier in the week, but the company's
recruiting website has a login (of course), and somehow I got one created
with a nonstandard name and no 'secret question' - and of course it's
locked out, so now I can't get my info submitted for the job until I hear
back from them.

That it's taking their help desk the better part of a week to get back to
me isn't impressing me.

Jim