POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: Doctor John
Date: 14 Mar 2014 06:14:12
Message: <5322d674@news.povray.org>
On 14/03/14 00:18, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Eep, I hope Feegle is doing better.  We've done the "child with breathing
> difficulties" thing once (no surgery ended up being required - it was a
> severe asthma attack - but it's still a scary thing), so I empathize.

He's going to have the operation on April 15th - I think it will take
until then to calm the Kat's fears. Meanwhile, I'm sleeping on a bed in
his room so that I can intervene when he gets sleep apnoea. It's amazing
how sensitive my hearing has become; soft snoring, no problem, lack of
sound and I'm instantly awake.

> We've had our own batch of unfortunate medical issues - mostly with the
> two older cats (12 teeth to extract between the two of them and one who's
> managed to cut the skin open on his right side, and we don't know how -
> he's getting stitched up right now), and I had a trip to the ER last week
> for a kidney stone.

The surgeons (of all types) must love seeing you walk in ;-) $$$$$

> That's an excellent idea - I didn't know you had background in training -
> I've done my own fair share of training development, delivery, and
> managing programs.  Small world.

My own fault, really. I have always been a passionate advocate of
training per se and when the position became vacant, the previous
incumbent having gone to join Glaxo-Smith-Kline, I was the only one
prepared to put my money where my mouth was.
Seriously though, I enjoyed my few years there and would do the same if
I was asked again.

John
--
Protect the Earth