POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: Doctor John
Date: 12 Mar 2014 12:00:16
Message: <53208490$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/03/14 13:37, Francois Labreque wrote:

> Indians have a respect for authority that is almost as deeply rooted as
> the Japanese's.  So low-level employees will stick to procedure and not
> show any initiative, for fear of running afoul of higher ups.  Even if
> the person you spoke to knew that you were probably right, he needed to
> follow his script.

A good point.

There was an article in New Scientist a couple of years ago that related
the behaviour of bi- and tri-lingual children and teenagers when
speaking any one of their particular languages. As I recall, a
Japanese/English speaking kid would be considerably more polite and
deferential when speaking Japanese than when speaking English.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents