POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Use cases for the new fancy user interface "Dizmo"? : Re: Use cases for the new fancy user interface "Dizmo"? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use cases for the new fancy user interface "Dizmo"?
From: Urs Holzer
Date: 6 Mar 2014 14:51:02
Message: <5318d1a6$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

>> A small startup is working on a new user interface called Dizmo. It
>> runs HTML/JavaScript applications called Dizmos. They are displayed
>> in windows that can be freely placed and rotated on the display.
>> [...]
>
> Several users working on the same display implies the display should
> be quite large (>30" diagonal). Arbitrarily rotated windows implies
> you need a very high pixel density to avoid visible aliasing. Seems
> like this would work really well once we have 8Kx4K UHD TVs :-)

Dizmo is indeed exploring the limits of available hardware. Maybe it is
the first use case of these TVs with ridiculously high resolution. After
all, who has the bandwith to transmit a TV show in that resolution? It
would also be interesting to see how current consumer graphics cards
cope with such a configuration.