POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Experimental : Re: Experimental Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experimental
From: Doctor John
Date: 5 Mar 2014 09:19:05
Message: <53173259$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/03/14 13:54, Francois Labreque wrote:

>> On 04/03/2014 11:20 PM, Stephen wrote:
>>> WTF!
>>> If you are worried about a clause in your lease that says that you
>>> cannot make any noise. And if it specifically mentions singing. You have
>>> no worries. It is (IMO) unenforceable.
>>> As long as you don't make continuous loud noise after 10 pm (earlier if
>>> they have babies). You should not have a problem.
>>
>> The lease says I may not play a musical instrument,
>
> So I guess getting a pipe organ in the living room is out of the
> question.  Bummer.
>
>> sing,
>
> Define singing.  "Your honour, I wasn't singing... I was merely
> practicing my Italian."  Is rapping allowed?  Humming?  Tuvan thorat
> singing?
>
>> or operate a TV or radio.
>
> Does it mention MP3 player?  Streaming audio from the PC?  I smell a
> loophole...

Forget the loopholes. As Stephen has said, the clause is almost
certainly unenforceable. Which raises the question, why didn't Andrew's
solicitors read the lease and point out the clause, if only to let the
other party's solicitors know that it should have been struck out.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents