POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An old poem (in light of the present British weather) : Re: An old poem (in light of the present British weather) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An old poem (in light of the present British weather)
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Mar 2014 06:50:59
Message: <5311c9a3$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/02/2014 10:32 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:10:28 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 28/02/2014 6:30 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>>    given that I've moved to a place
>>> that gets a lot more rain than Utah does.:)
>>
>> The sale went through then?
>
> It did - we closed the 13th, and were all packed up on the 18th, on the
> road on the 19th.

I thought that it might have, with your silence.

> We moved in last Friday, but have been getting all of our stuff unpacked
> and finding places for it.  We went from 3,000 Sq. Ft. to about 1,200,
> and for the most part we've found places for everything.

A palace!

> The kitchen's
> more usable than the old one, but a bit smaller.

"Usable" is the keyword. :-)

>> Congrats!
>>
>> A fun time was had by one and all, I guess?
>
> Getting the pod packed the last day was hectic (they came a day early,
> and we ended up shipping 7 boxes that we had thought - very wrongly -
> would fit in the car), but everything got here in one piece.  We had only
> two items that had minor damage that will require more than tapping with
> a hammer.

That doesn't sound too bad. It can be stressful, moving.

>> Was the weather okay?
>
> Overall the drive was good, though it was a bit fraught through Snoqualmie
> Pass.  White-out snow conditions, slushy/icy roads, no more than 20 MPH
> for a lot of it - and it was after dark.  They closed the pass not long
> after we went through it, in fact.

Nasty.

> A couple days in a hotel at this end and then we got started moving in.
>
> The view I have from my home office, though, is absolutely worth it.  We
> also thought where we were was walkable - but it can't hold a candle to
> the new place.  We have to drive a little bit to get to CostCo, but other
> than that, pretty much everything we need is within a two-block radius.

The metropolitan life. That would suit me better than having to drive
everywhere.

> We've just finished hauling out most of the empty boxes and packing
> material.
>
> What's more, I have an Internet connection that actually performs, too -
> 30 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up (it's rated for 20/5, but actual tests show it
> being a little faster).  And the wall we wanted to hang the projector
> screen on is the right shade of white, so I don't actually need the
> screen - and the picture is bigger than it was on the screen (now about
> 12' if my estimate is correct).  That's *really* nice.  We watched Star
> Trek IV once we got the home theater all set up.

Nice.

> Not because it's an
> outstanding movie, but because our apartment number is 1704 (and die-hard
> Trek fans will understand why that particular movie is significant when
> it comes to that number). ;)

Not a Treckie, I am afraid.

Congratulations on your flit. :-)

--