POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : discrete torque : Re: discrete torque Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: discrete torque
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 26 Feb 2014 15:11:19
Message: <530e4a67$1@news.povray.org>
Scott, thanks for the links.  I don't know why I didn't think of
quaternions.  (Well, maybe because I've never used them!)

Given the rotation axis (the sum of pseudo-torque vectors), the problem
remains of determining what angle to turn about that axis.  Maybe I'll
simply use a small constant angle -- resulting in the animation that I
keep saying I don't want to make!

... Hm, I can start with an arbitrary step-angle of 1 radian, say, and
reduce it after each round by the fraction of the population for which
the torque-vector has a negative dot product with its predecessor ...

--
*\\* Anton Sherwood *\\* www.bendwavy.org