POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Curmudgeon's Response : Re: A Curmudgeon's Response Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Curmudgeon's Response
From: scott
Date: 24 Feb 2014 03:23:46
Message: <530b0192$1@news.povray.org>
>> The other main driver of course, is to have someone sitting comfortably
>> in Langley, Virginia be able to "see" through the eyes of a drone flying
>> over Damascus or Pyongyang. but that one we won't hear about for a few
>> years.
>
> Surely a TV screen is way, *way* cheaper then nerve implant surgery?

I was more thinking it would be used where it was not practical to have
a TV or display, (eg a solider in the field, or a spy that didn't want
others to know what they were doing).

Still, if there is a demand and the implant process is developed then I
don't see a reason why it should remain expensive, after all it's just
going to be a chip and a few wires :-)