POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Curmudgeon's Response : Re: A Curmudgeon's Response Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Curmudgeon's Response
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Feb 2014 04:51:49
Message: <53087335$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/02/2014 7:30 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Whereas I do fly a lot and I prefer to sit by the aisle. ;-)
>>
>> But that might be because I hate flying and wouldn't want to look out of
>> the window @ any price.
>
> I take it you don't enjoy watching the wings flexing in the breeze? ;-)

If 500 knots is your idea of a breeze...

But no, it is not a sight that I enjoy. No pleasure there, move along.
I've not always had a dislike of flying. I've just flown too many times
in small aircraft and bad weather. Imagine what the landing was like
when we had to disembark, holding a rope and walking on netting. So that
we weren't blown overboard.

> "I am not afraid of flying. I am afraid of being at thirty thousand feet
> and suddenly NOT flying..."

They say that it is the stop at the end that smarts. The falling is fun.
Weee!

> In all seriousness... I had no idea clouds come in so many different
> shapes until I saw them from above.

You mean like, horses, fire engines, trains and castles? Those sort of
shapes? ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen