POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Curmudgeon's Response : A Curmudgeon's Response Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  A Curmudgeon's Response
From: James Holsenback
Date: 19 Feb 2014 15:22:48
Message: <53051298$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26258971

OK cool tech at work here ... lot's of engineering reasons why this is a
great idea, but for some reason I don't like it one bit!

It seems that some of the early sci-fi writers got it right ... we're
headed of world that actually seeing something first hand is going the
way of the dodo. Instead we'll get some sensors view. Sure there are
/plenty/ of other examples, but this one just caught my eye.