POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Again SSLT : Re: Again SSLT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Again SSLT
From: andrel
Date: 17 Feb 2014 17:18:22
Message: <53028A97.1040806@gmail.com>
On 17-2-2014 9:30, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 16-2-2014 21:34, andrel wrote:
>> Raku fired, not celadon glazing. Both ancient asian techniques, but
>> rather different.
>
> I saw a few other raku ceramics on your site if I am not mistaken. One
> of my favourite techniques. I am not a ceramist myself but I highly
> appreciate the work.

It is an interesting technique. Problem is that after you reduced the
oxides during firing, they start oxidising slowly during the months
after that.

I made also another set of compound vases (using a 3D printer to create
a mold) those colors are totally different (mostly greens and red) even
if I used more or less the same pigments.

Mainly fired my recent work in a more traditional way. I might return to
japanese techniques when I have objects that are suitable for that.
Perhaps another set of larger compound vases?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.