POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : UV mapping of spheresweep : Re: UV mapping of spheresweep Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV mapping of spheresweep
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Feb 2014 12:13:49
Message: <5300f1cd$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16/02/2014 17:34, And nous fit lire :
> I have ever heared that POV-Ray's sphere sweep has bug, don't know what it is.
> And has it been resolved?

There is two/three kind of bug, presently, on sphere sweep in povray 3.7:

1. homogeneous scaling by negative factor also affect the radius of the
spheres (do not do that, or see flyspray entry for a correction)
2. solver might display artefact when the segment is perpendicular to
the ray
3. when using a non linear_spline, the computation of the bounding box
might be so wrong, better manually bound it if you can.