POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : uv_mapping : Re: uv_mapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping
From: James Holsenback
Date: 16 Feb 2014 10:29:36
Message: <5300d960$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/16/2014 09:24 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 16/02/2014 12:33, James Holsenback nous fit lire :
>
>> yep ... that's the obvious answer ;-)
>>
>> tried all kinds of various transformations ... this image has non uv
>> mapped scale at 1 and uv mapped scale at 0.05 (~ 1/19 )
>>

> Ok, time to post the whole scene. I'm out of idea.

don't think it's the scene but rather how i've got the object setup in
blender. when i get a chance i'm gong to move the object so that's it
ends up with lower left corner is at 0,0 ... then the object will be
totally in the +x,+z quadrant (povray handiness). i've been playing
around with scale of 1 in texture and fiddle with scaling uv_vectors ...
i've at least got the pattern to appear mapped to the center of the
object. yikes this is turning out to be more involved than anticipated