POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ice/Slush/Snow texture samples, 3 of N : Re: Ice/Slush/Snow texture samples, 3 of N Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice/Slush/Snow texture samples, 3 of N
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 15 Feb 2014 11:16:24
Message: <52ff92d8@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 09.02.2014 19:34, jhu wrote:

> Back in my day, processors only had 1 core, and it took months to render
> anything decent. And we liked it! In fact, I still have an old Pentium 4 that's
> been rendering an awesome image for the past 12 years (since 2002). It's
> currently at 93%. It'll finish this year or next...
>
> For the record, we also walked uphill both ways to school knee-deep in snow all
> year round.

...barefoot, at 35 degrees below zero! With only one piece of mouldy
bread per week to eat... and not to forget the bomber attacks, the
constant threat of wolves and Bolshevist partisans in the forests! I,
for example, know of people having grown up in the Hungereifel, the
highlands south-west of Cologne, where World War II only in the 1980s
slowly dissipated, where blood feuds continue up to this very day, in
villages where the local priest was the only literate person (and many
people, due to the almost non-existing nourishment, even never learned
to speak!)...

Yes, that praised-be-what-makes-us-hard-nostalgia is really annoying...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar