POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. : Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Feb 2014 10:15:03
Message: <52fe32f7$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-2-2014 14:30, Mr wrote:
> I would say quite similar to the way poser is related to poseray, you can import
> the same formats except you might get the completely rigged character more
> easily, using either the collada (DAE) format or the new FBX import in a few
> months when it's mature. There may be a few extensions here and there to test
> like

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/Poser_Tools

I suspected so, without being sure. Poser exports the collada format.
Not, it seems, fbx.

As far as hair is concerned, Poser is quite complex in terms of doing
all kinds of hairdressing actions, including wind and gravity. However,
through Blender there might be some additional things to do I guess. I
am presently particularly interested in the hair export to POV-Ray.

> Using Blender you also get a few other well rigged characters using MakeHuman to
> diversify your library which have every right to use in commercial projects for
> free.

Poser Pro has a couple of MakeHuman figures in its library.

> The idea of the Blender to POV-Ray exporters (there are two of them currently)
> is not to replace Poseray but to add a tool to the toolbox, one worth it of
> course.

I understand. I think that is very worthwhile.

> If there are some specific features you would like tested for interchange I
> would be glad to help. Don't hesitate, but please, provide files if possible as
> I don't have Poser installed.

I have to ponder all this a bit more and shall come back about this
later. Providing files in the Collada format should be no problem.

Thanks for the info. A new incentive to start on Blender one of these
days...

Thomas