POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : texture baking and meshcam : Re: texture baking and meshcam Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture baking and meshcam
From: James Holsenback
Date: 13 Feb 2014 17:43:24
Message: <52fd4a8c$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/13/2014 03:08 PM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> Copied the meshcam scene files into an alternate location and started
>>  going through the baking demo ....
>>
>> There were some warnings associated with not setting assumed_gamma
>> before calling/using rgb vectors, and warnings in light_source
>> definitions ... suspicious value after rgb. I fixed all those, and
>> submitted changes to revision control, but that didn't address the
>> unexpected results I'm seeing!!!
>>
>> Has anyone else worked through the demo?
>
>    Hmmm... everything seems to work fine here, both the bakind and the
> rendering steps (using final 3.7 compiled from sources a few months
> ago). BTW, it renders fine with Uberpov too...
>
> --
> jaime

Thanks for the nudge ... I've been using uberpov-dev for a bit and that
works fine. Since povray is obviously busted on my system, I did a fresh
build from the perforce repository and that appears to be broken. Can
anyone with perforce access confirm? I did a fresh pull/build from the
povray github and that works fine. The plot thickens!