POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paradise : Re: Paradise Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paradise
From: James Holsenback
Date: 12 Feb 2014 06:40:23
Message: <52fb5da7$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2014 02:04 AM, jhu wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> OK ... not what you expected ;-)
>>
>> Playing around with subsurface
>
> Nice.
>
> Now add focal blur and radiosity and report back the render time difference.
> Mwahahahaaaaaa!!!

Already done that ... with radiosity 47+ hrs and I didn't like the
results. I used Radiosity_Fast with pretrace_end 0.004, count 256 and
gray_threshold 1 /without/ sslt to gather the rad data. It looked pretty
decent. The 2nd run with gathered rad data and sslt missed the mark :-(
Is pre-gathered rad data a no-no in this case???

This version /tries/ to try to resolve with a 2nd fill light more
reasonable render time ~15hrs

Obviously I still have some work to do!