POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual arts : Visual arts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Visual arts
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 11 Feb 2014 14:33:17
Message: <52fa7afd$1@news.povray.org>
While browsing in my lunch break, I came across this:

http://www.casabatllo.es/

I have no idea where the hell this is, but it looks like one very
special building!

I also came across this picture of an amazing piece of furniture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Art_Nouveau_Dining_Masson.jpg

It boggles my mind that a human being was able to *think* of this shape,
never mind actually curve it out of a lump of wood and have it not break...

More generally, doing a Google image search for "art nouveau" turns up
huge numbers of images (of widely varying quality) featuring vibrant
colours and sweeping curves.

One of the early hits is this:

http://tinyurl.com/qfkz85g

I have literally *no idea* how it is physically possible to draw curves
like this. Even using a computer, I cannot begin to imagine how you
would describe such intricate curves. I am baffled as to how anybody
manages to draw these.

Here's another one:

http://tinyurl.com/q69kva6

How on Earth do you design something so complicated? How do you even
picture something like that in your mind's eye, never mind actually
*draw* it?

Finally, take a look at this:

http://arquitracobrasil.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/000188780.jpg

Isn't that the most amazing vista?

I guess we can take away two things from this:

1. I have no imagination.
2. I suck at drawing.

PS. If you try the thing with the image search, you will *also* find
that about 80% of the images are of girls, in varying states of undress.
I guess girls have more flowing curves - or the Internet is entirely
populated by males...