POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Can't Stand It : Re: Can't Stand It Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Stand It
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 5 Feb 2014 15:44:43
Message: <52f2a2bb@news.povray.org>
Le 05/02/2014 21:00, Stephen nous fit lire :
> On 05/02/2014 2:39 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>>>

>> Don't get me started on them...
>
> If it weren't serious it would be funny.
>
> I've read of a restaurant that was closed because their microwave had
> the On/Off switch in English. Another was a report of a Chinese
> Restaurant that was closed because the Chinese name, in ideograms, was
> above the name in French.
>
> I don't know if the stories are true but I read it on the BBC website.
> If that helps.

It might have been the reasons given by the owners... Notice, both were
restaurants... Most usual reason to close a restaurant, by authority, is
dangerous hygiene:
* freezing unsold cooked food (to save for another day)
* using/storing out-of-date food
* fungus
* not respecting forward-walk or cold-chain
* reported and confirmed illness due to contamination
* infestation by various colonies (rodent, cockroach, ... )

But let not forget another reason: bankrupt, due to lack of customers,
flying away waiters and waitresses due to unpaid over-hours, and most
interesting: taxes.
(When you start a business, most taxes get deferred for one year or
two... even taxes on wages get collected only every three months.. so
it's easy to "forget" about them... then they come back as cumulated
amount due).

And if successful, do not forget complains (to the police with repeated
fines) of the neighbours about the sound level.
(of course, if a concurrent know well enough the mayor and the police,
it might help too)