POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange behaviour of #fopen : Strange behaviour of #fopen Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Strange behaviour of #fopen
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 5 Feb 2014 11:18:33
Message: <52f26459$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

I want to read in a POV-Ray script from an external file to create a
text object out of it - but whenever I try to start the main script, I
get the error message related to the script to be read in:

"Parse Error: Expected 'float, vector, or string literal' light_source
found instead"

Why that?

Here is the relevant section of the main script:

#declare fullscript = array[483];
#declare i=0;

#declare line="";

#fopen script "../../texturesinc_demo.pov" read
#while (defined(script))
   #read (script, line)
   #declare fullscript[i] = line;
   #declare i=i+1;