POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Fourth King - WIP : Re: The Fourth King - WIP Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Fourth King - WIP
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 4 Feb 2014 19:27:18
Message: <52f18566@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 29.01.2014 19:02, Doctor John wrote:

> I've now got a tent (quick test attached). It's amazing what you can get
> on ebay ;-) I'm now going camel hunting.

A Persian carpet... looking nice! And it's not too far-fetched, as
Artaban was a Mede... although I'm not sure whether they had this kind
of carpets in the Parthian empire during the 1st century BC...

On the other hand, I can remember having seen a partially preserved
carpet from the Achaemenid era (around 500 BC) some 15 years ago in an
itinerant exhibition of Scythian treasures from the St. Petersburg
Eremitage... and the ornaments did not look too different from
modern-day Persian carpets, albeit less detailed!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Points Of A Compass (Peru)