POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bioshock Infinite : Re: Bioshock Infinite Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bioshock Infinite
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 4 Feb 2014 15:30:09
Message: <52f14dd1@news.povray.org>
>> It's infuriating to have to hit an enemy with 25 sniper bullets when you
>> have to reload after every 4 shots, and the total ammo capacity for the
>> sniper rifle is only 12 shots. You see the problem here? You have to
>> find 2x lots of ammo from somewhere, and reload no less than 7 times to
>> take out one bad buy. Meanwhile, there's 18 of these things, and they've
>> shot the ship to bits.
>
> There are other weapons besides the sniper rifle, you know. I preferred
> the shotgun. You need to get closer, but it's efficient.

I spent an hour or so on Sunday night trying to beat this thing,
eventually resulting in rage-quit.

I then had a read of a walkthrough. This pointed out that there's a
skyway on the desk (which I hadn't even noticed), and that if you ride
it all the way to the top, there's a sniper rifle up there.

Standing up there, nobody it shooting me, so I don't spend 80% of the
time dead. That leaves me more time for shooting at things and less time
being revived.

There *are* other weapons than the sniper rifle - but none of them are
going to work from up there. And it's so frustratingly fiddly to climb
down, when every split-second counts.

Also, from my save point, the only guns I have are a machine gun with 16
bullets left, and a burst gun with 11 bullets left. So basically, I can
use the sniper rifle, or I can try to subdue them with my winning
personality. The sniper rifle seems *far* more effective.

In short, having read the walkthrough, I can get _slightly_ further, but
still nowhere near the end. The automatons are *far* too difficult to
kill. There's just nothing that stops them.

I just watched this playthrough:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/bioshock-infinite/Command_Deck

I'm astonished at how little damage the ship takes. When *I* play this,
the health bar is down to 2/3 by the time I've got the sniper rifle! I
also can't figure out how the hell he kills the automatons so fast.
Those things have, like, a billion hit-points! When I met just *one*
earlier in the game, I died about 6 times before I could kill it. And
this battle has *two*!!

> (And no, it's not the final battle of the game.)

Oh... goodie. Well I'd like to be able to actually complete this battle
so I can see the rest of the game... but having just spent another hour
at it, I'm still getting nowhere.