POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding as art : Re: Coding as art Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding as art
From: Doctor John
Date: 4 Feb 2014 10:41:21
Message: <52f10a21$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/02/14 11:45, FractRacer wrote:

> All Povray-ers are using algorithms and arts. Why think that artists are

> the construction of a stellated pentagon! Since long times some artists
> were inspired by mathematicals concepts. And closer to us (in times) we
> find Escher, Dali...
>
> Lionel.

I don't think that art and algorithms are incompatible. If I expressed
myself unclearly, I apologise. Vikram Chandra's piece was an elegy to
elegant and clever coding.

A well-written piece of code can have as much beauty as a poem. A
badly-written one grates on the brain in the same way as a poorly-played
melody does on the ears.

John
--
Protect the Earth