POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pink copper? : Pink copper? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Pink copper?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 3 Feb 2014 13:15:14
Message: <52efdcb2@news.povray.org>
A few years ago, a store clerk handed me some pennies that were
obviously fresh off the mint.  I remarked to him how pink they looked,
and he thought I was crazy.  Well, I know that 8% of human males have
some deficiency in color perception, but although I have not been
formally tested, all evidence over the years indicates I am not one of them.

Over the past few days, I've received a few fresh pennies, so I present
to you a couple of Awsome Rolexes of these almost-virgin beauties for
your inspection.  So why am I posting this here instead of p.o-t?
Because I will try to compute a nominal RGB value (taking the
environment into account) and submit it, among other values, to the
Object Collection.

new_pennies.pbi.jpg was shot during a brief window of sunshine between
snowstorms (smirk!), using daylight white balance.
new_pennies-flash.pbi.jpg was shot with a Nikon flash of some sort, with
uncertain white balance.  I put the hazelnut there so that the autofocus
wouldn't go nuts.

So what do you think?  Pink or not pink?

____________________

P.S. Speaking of the Object Collection, I /really/ think someone should
take a look at the message I posted in p.o-c a couple of weeks ago.
While I trust the lawyers at the FSF, I can't say the same for any
lawyers who might challenge POV-Ray in the future.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'new_pennies.pbi.jpg' (101 KB) Download 'new_pennies-flash.pbi.jpg' (83 KB)

Preview of image 'new_pennies.pbi.jpg'
new_pennies.pbi.jpg

Preview of image 'new_pennies-flash.pbi.jpg'
new_pennies-flash.pbi.jpg