POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : star WIP 2 : Re: star WIP 2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: star WIP 2
From: clipka
Date: 3 Feb 2014 03:14:24
Message: <52ef4fe0@news.povray.org>
Am 02.02.2014 10:06, schrieb s.day:

> Made a few changes to the layout of this scene as I was not happy with the
> composition of the previous one.

HOLY ROLEX!

> Still planning on adding a few more shells on the ground and some seaweed (the
> latter is causing me problems though).
>
> Also may change the big stone on the left at the front and not too sure about
> the barnacles (they look a bit like a flock of seaguls have left a deposit on
> the rocks.)

Yes, the big stone on the left looks wrong somehow; too polished I guess.

As for the barnacles, they look perfect on the dark stone, but there's
indeed something wrong with them on the other rocks. Maybe they're too
clustered. Or maybe they're in the wrong places; I'd imagine that they'd
have an easier life clinging to the sides, where the waves don't come
crashing down on them every few hours. Or maybe they should be more
prosperous close to the water, where they're less frequently exposed to air.