POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : star WIP 2 : Re: star WIP 2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: star WIP 2
From: Sean Day
Date: 2 Feb 2014 18:03:03
Message: <52eecea7$1@news.povray.org>
MichaelJF wrote:

> First: the image is wonderful, really wonderful. But I wonder a bit about the
> seaweed. The scene must be at a beach. Is there seaweed so close to the beach?
> My last visits to a beach is years ago and there is not much seaweed between the
> mainland and the islands at East Frisia, where my sister lives. From experiences
> long ago I ever had the impression that seaweed grows only in deeper areas
> covered by water independend of the tides. But I may be wrong with that. My next
> experience with beaches will be during my holydays this summer, but after the
> contest, at a place called Mevagissey. I propose that you take a look at an
> other very beautiful beach scene published within the irtc June 2005 titled
> "wreck" by an author you should know.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Thanks Michael,

As so many have pointed out ;-) plenty of seaweed on the beaches around
the UK, I have seen many rock pools with sand/rocks and seaweed
especially on my many visits to Cornwall.
BTW, is that the Mevagissey you are visiting?

Not only did I look at the IRTC entry you mention I based my rock
texture on that image as well. I may credit the authour ;-)

Sean