POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tango : Re: Tango Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tango
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 31 Jan 2014 14:17:25
Message: <52ebf6c5$1@news.povray.org>

>>> You mean like this?
>>>
>>> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc793.txt
>>> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc813.txt
>
> I guess back then we didn't imagine it would be completely normal to
> transfer gigabytes of data around the world at hundreds of megabits per
> second.
>
>> Forgot to add: Johnathan Postel - who wrote most of the early IETF RFCs
>> - is already dead, so you can't shoot him.
>
> Good job RFC-2018 was written then to fix the exact problem you
> highlighted.

And Cisco load balancers clear those options, by default.  (And guess
what kinds of problems I've been troubleshooting for the last few months?)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA1_7_/configuration/security/guide/tcpipnrm.html#wp1010795

I guess that's one reason why they're running out of that business!