POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Progress : Re: Progress Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jan 2014 19:19:10
Message: <52eaebfe@news.povray.org>
> My understanding is that X uses a device driver that is specific to the
> display hardware it's trying to run on. I'm not sure why you couldn't
> write such a driver that specifically targets the Amiga's video hardware.

Someone probably could, but a different question is whether someone has.

(Also, while I know nothing about the X11 architecture, it's possible
that even with an optimized driver it might not be able to take full
advantage of a very unique display hardware, which the one in the Amiga
might be, because X11 is too generic of an architecture.)

--
                                                          - Warp