POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Isosurface problem : Re: Isosurface problem Server Time
14 May 2024 07:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface problem
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 30 Jan 2014 07:20:57
Message: <52ea43a9$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C51c55b9f%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=384497
> some work-rounds are suggested but I can't get them to work.

> John

John & John,
I believe we found previously that if you render the isosurface NOT
wrapped in an object, the maximum gradient warning is issued in 3.7. I
thought the idea was to document this issue, but I admit I lost track.

When you get warnings it was the case in 3.7, unless running one thread,
the value might not be the absolute maximum seen because values are
getting overwritten by differing threads.

Bill P.